How to Attract House Finch
Description: A frequent visitor of bird feeders, the House Finch is among the easiest birds to attract. Their favorite seed is Black-Oil Sunflower but they will eat other varieties of Sunflower Seed, Nyjer and Millet.. They take seed from all different types of bird feeders. In the wild the House Finch eat flower, weed, and grass seeds, in addition to some fruits/berries. House Finch frequently use birdbaths.
- Small-sized bird
- Male: Red head/breast, brownish with streaks everywhere else
- Female: Light brown, streaky underparts
- Anywhere with bird feeders
- Open Woodlands
- Open Backyard/Lawn/Garden
- Overgrown Field/Grassland
- Primarily seeds – either from bird feeder or natural/wild sources
- Occasionally fruit/berries
- Incredibly variable – will use deciduous trees, evergreen trees, shrubs, manmade structures, etc.